Roc Marciano is one of those MCs that seems like he’s been lingering around for a decade, but he’s never really released anything substantial (by popular opinion) on his own. In the late 90s the rapper was a part of Busta Rhyme’s Flipmode Squad alongside similar MCs Rah Digga and Papoose. He also appeared on a couple of albums with underground crew The U.N. in the mid-2000s.
It wasn’t until 2010, however, that the rapper released his first solo studio album, entitled Marcberg. His followup to that release, entitled Reloaded, was recently released to much critical acclaim. Even though the rapper has been around, just barely surfacing above the underground every once in a while (while making incredibly great, yet under-appreciated music), this new album has pushed him through to audiences he’d yet to reach. But his flow and talent for simplistic yet effective production have remained intact.
The artist’s latest video is for Reloaded track “Deeper.” Like Marciano’s production on the song, the video is simple yet soulful. Marciano and his crew walk around the street and smoke, their native NYC providing a beautiful backdrop across the water. Check out the video via Complex below.
- Los Angeles’s Margate Release Video For “Rock ‘N Roll Reserve.”
- Watch Deer Tick’s Hilariously Badass New Video For “Main Street”
- Hardcore: New Channel & The “Queen Of Hearts” Video
- The Front Bottoms Release Video For “Swimming Pool” In Anticipation For Debut Album
- New Music Releases: August 23rd, 2011